Sometimes you want to give a presentation or moderate a meeting in a building where no HDMI projector can be found – only VGA devices are available.
Another situation might be, that the HDMI cable coming from the projector is built into the wall and does not work wiht your AllShare Link Cast Dongle (e.g. it has the wrong HDMI standard).
In both cases you are stuck with the “good old” VGA. How can you start your screen mirroring anyway?
There are two solutions: a wireless one (see Wireless Screen Sharing for Android Devices with VGA) and another one using an MHL-Adapter cable we describe here.
What you need
- Samsung GALAXY Note Tablet (e.g. Tab A 9.7, Note 10.1. (2014 Edition) or NotePRO)
- Samsung HDMI-Adapter MHL 3.0 EE-HN910.
- a VGA compatible display or projector
- a VGA converter (we used a Ligawo 6518829 HDMI to VGA converter and scaler)
- HDMI cable
How to Connect your Tablet to a VGA Device (typically an old Projector)
- Connect your VGA converter to a power source
- Connect the VGA cable to the projector
- Connect the HDMI-Adapter to the tablet
- Connect the HDMI cable to both adapters
- Choose the right source (VGA) on the projector
Have a good presentation or meeting!
If you have any questions or need furhter information please use the comments below or . We are happy to help you!