You have a tablet running Android and want to optimize your device for presentations?
The follwing settings (with links to further posts with detailed information) will boost your experience – and the one of your audience of course.
What you need are the following devices:
- Your Android tablet (we used these devices)
- A device for screen mirroring (we use and reommend an HDMI Dongle but there are alternatives)
Prepare your Tablet for Screen Sharing
- Optimize your notification panel for Screen Mirroring
- (Samsung Galaxy NotePro and Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition) Deselect the option “Multiwindow” to prevent the sidebar from distracting your work – just enable it on demand through the notification panel
- Enable “Show Touches” for your audience, so that they see what you are doing
- If you want to share your Mind-Objects screen in online-meetings you can use the App Cisco WebEx Meetings (or connect your tablet to a PC or MAC using SideSync and then use any online-meeting software to share the respective window showing the tablet screen)
Further UI Tweaks
- Set your screen-timeout to 10 minutes for undistracted work with your tablet (settings > device > display)
- (Samsung devices only) Disable S-Pen detachment options (German “Entnahmeoptionen”) by selecting “none” (in settings > controls > pen detachment options)
- (Samsung devices only) If you are not using the S-Pen button functions and accidently pressing the button, you can disable the S-Pen button (settings > controls > S Pen > and disable “Air Command” (German S Pen-Befehle). Sidenote: the Tab A 9.7 has an improved S-Pen where you can’t press the button by accident that easy – so you won’t need to disable this funtion.
- (Samsung NotePro) If you don’t need the “Magazine Screen” you can disable it like shown by a video from lawmanfj
Prepare for Content Sharing (using Mind-Objects)
- Setup your e-mail account on the tablet (go to settings > general > accounts > e-mail) to be able to send screenshots directly out of Mind-Objects
- If you don’t have an internet connection available you can also share your screenshots via Bluetooth or USB-Cable with other devices
With the settings above you are all set for using Mind-Objects in your daily work. If you are new to your website: check out our page about Mind-Objects.
We are happy to answer any of your questions – !