What you need
- A SAMSUNG tablet running Android 5 or higher (here we used a Samsung GALAXY NotePRO SM-P 905)
- A Windows or MAC laptop / desktop computer
- An online-meeting tool (e.g. Skype, Webex, Adobe Connect)
- To install SideSync download and install the software from http://www.samsung.com/us/sidesync/ on your PC or MAC.
- Install the SideSync App https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.sidesync30 on your Tablet.
How to Connect your Tablet to a PC or MAC
Using WLAN to Connect
Connect your tablet (Android 5 or higher required) and your PC or MAC device with the same WLAN.
Using a USB-Cable to Connect
Connect your tablet (Android 5 or higher required) and your PC or MAC device using a usb-cable. The advantage: your image quality is better than using WLAN.
How to start the Screen Mirroring
As soon as you connected your tablet with your PC or MAC:
1) Start SideSync on your PC or MAC
Normally SideSync automatically builds up the connection to your tablet, but you can also start SideSync on your tablet manually.
2) After the connection was established the following window should appear on your PC or MAC:
Now you can see the screen of your tablet and interact with it. But you won’t see anything on the tablet and thus not yet be able to use the S-Pen.
3) On the window “Tablet screen”:
4) Choose “Tablet Screen Mirroring” from the drop down menu:
Now you can use your tablet as usual with the S-Pen and your screen is being displayed on your PC or MAC.
5) To enable full screen hit the respective button on the upper right:
How to prevent your Windows Computer from going to sleep during the presentation
Sharing the Screen
Now you can share your screen displayed on your PC or MAC with any audience:
- (locally) through connecting a projector or TV to your PC or MAC (which is connected to your tablet via SideSync)
- or (via internet) through using any online meeting software like Skype / Webex / Adobe Connect etc.
We used SideSync in a presentation – have a look how it works in action:
Have a good meeting or presentation!
For any further questions don’t hesitate to write us in the comments below or . We are happy to help you!